QUITO CITY TOUR
This tour is an excellent introduction to the UNESCO historic centre of Ecuador’s capital.
Transportation: In group
Activities: Cultural, recreative
- First we visit the imposing neo-Gothic church, Basilica del Voto Nacional,
- We explore the independence square; the heart of Quito surrounded by the Government Palace, the Cathedral, the Archbishop’s Palace, and the city hall.
- Our next point is the Sagrario church, and we also get to enter the Church of la Compañia de Jesus which is fully covered in beautiful gold leaf decoration.
- We continue to San Francisco square where we can admire one of the biggest monasteries in South America.
- We then visit El Panecillo, a hill located at 3000m (10000 feet), where the virgin of Quito is waiting for us. From this hill you will get one of the best views of the old and new city.